Saturday, July 24, 2010

These are the Best Cookies Ever

Not necessarily, only quoting my sister who said this in remembrance of mom. Whenever I baked cookies at home, mom would literally say each and every time, "Maggie, these are seriously the best cookies ever." I would reply, "Mom, there is no way that every time I bake new cookies they are the best. There can only be one best!" Whatever, it never hurts to be as nice and loving as she was.

Anyway, I decided to bake these cookies after the last batch of cookies my sister and I made only lasted a DAY. Considering her and Kevin are overwhelmed with work and studying, I think they need the extra baked goodies. (Hm... Maggie Gyllenhaal anyone? I wish...) Even though I would not say they are the best cookies I have ever made, they are pretty delicious. Thanks to the blog, Smitten Kitchen, for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. omg! on my way back to work I was actually thinking about doing a blog post about this. even though it's your and mom's thing! but I was just thinking about mom... and how I think she always said that because she lived in the moment... enjoyed what she was eating the best because she was eating it then and there, with the people she loved. not sure if I am making sense...LONG day. anyway thanks again for the cookies and for being there to listen and do anything we need this weekend! love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM Maggie! Thanks for sharing that! And I bet they are the best cookies ever too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List