I think my new life moto is going to be: "Better late than never." Yet again, I am late on posting this, Pitchfork was just about to begin a week ago.
My first Pitchfork experience, and one of the few Chicago visits, left me with one of the oddest, most unexpected weekends of my life, yet still amazing.
Friends, Kelly and Abby, joined me in our first pitchfork festival experience. (Side note: click on kellers name to see her wonderful blog, Disregarding Silence, in which she informers us less-informed on music related awesomeness.)
We began the day as three, promising we'd take tons of photos, beginning with this wonderful oh-so-original photo of our fun shoes.
Sadly enough we had to end with two, and not nearly enough photos. Next year my scrabble, cuddle-lovin' roomie WILL be with us, and hopefully for all three days.
(Apparently after a day of pitch-forkin' and a horrible photographer(Alex) Kelly and I aren't lookin' our greatest...)
How did we get to look this great? Well hours of amazing music, scorching heat, and delicious festival food.
We began with seeing Kelly's best friend, Bethany, from Best Coast. Amazing woman. She has a beautiful voice in which she sings loads of love songs. (Again Kelly writes a great article on Best Coast and Pitchfork). Love songs you ask? Well of course, Kelly would say my song of the day was, "Boyfriend". I mean, it was Kelly's goal for the day. Which gets me to my next favorite, Surfer Blood. Apparently my boyfriend plays in the band. No big deal. In addition to seeing Bethany and my boyfriend, I finallyy got to see Local Natives, one of my newly favorite bands in which I had missed TWICE before I finally got to see them at Pitchfork. As one of their song lyrics goes... "The wait will be worth it,..." and yes, it was totally worth it. Here is Local Natives with lead singer, Taylor Rice's badass mustache.
Amazing bands don't stop with Local Natives, additionally the festival featured Pavement, Girls, Beach House, Big Boi, Neon Indian, among many other indie favs.
Anyway, the day couldn't have been more perfect... oh, wait.. yes it could, if Abby was there. Additionally, I got to see my aunt Amy, coolest, most fun aunt ever! Okay, my other aunts wouldn't like that... I mean the best aunt in Chicago. Hah. Anyway, it also would've been better if we got a photo together.
All I have to say is, Next Year.
Thanks Maggie!! You guys are sooo cute! Hope to see you again next year. Was so much fun to see you. More photos next year!! You know the word of that day was ClusterF#%#@!
ReplyDelete