London with my favourite girls.
So this past weekend, I went to London with my friends Stef, Erica, and Sacha. We had probably the most amazing time ever. Stef was going home to London for her dance show, so she was nice enough to let us tag along and stay at her house! Her family was wonderful. We got in London late on Thursday night. We were greeted by her Dad. We stayed up for a bit, had some wine and tea, and went to be pretty early. We had a wonderful nights rest and woke up for a long day exploring London. We first went and saw Big Ben, the Parliament and went up in the eye. Big Ben
View of London
we went to Trafalgar Square, an open area in the heart of London filled with statues and
sculptures. Finally, we made it to Oxford Street, shopping street of the world! I think I saw three H&Ms. WHAT!? Hah, we actually only made it into one store, Topshop. It was three levels full of clothes. However, what did I leave with, a wallet and jewellery. Hah. We had to leave the shopping to meet Stef's friend who took us to the local pub the dance team always goes to after their practices. We met everyone and had a wonderful time!
DAY 2!!
On Saturday we tried to wake up a bit earlier and get going soon because we had a lot to fit in!! So, thank goodness Erica and I made friends at Uni, not only friends but the coolest friends ever! Sacha's Dad has a friend that was able to get us free tickets to Madame Tussauds, the Eye (too bad we had already gone, but Stef got to go!), the bus tour, and the London Dungeons. Per person, we would have spent at least 100 pounds to get to do all that. We are very very lucky.
I also got to meet tons of famous people!!!
One of my favourite photos that i cannot believe I captured is of the "Wedding Cake Church"
because of its tier it looks like a wedding cake.
More photos while on the bus:
St. Paul's Cathedral
The Eye at night, black and white.
We got off the bus tour for a bit to go to the London Dungeons. Which sounds a lot scarier than it was in reality. But it was pretty interesting. They talked about Jack the Riper and Sweeney Todd. Very interesting.
Then we took about three hours to get back to Stef's house and was late for dinner! Which of course, my Mother has taught me better! But transportation is confusing, long, and quite honestly a bitch on Saturday in London. But of course, her Dad was so sweet and could have cared less. Him and his wife made us a wonderful dinner. Again, of course, rather than going out to a club, I was having a fine time hanging out with the family, in sweats, in a comfortable home. Everyone seemed to agree, so we stayed in and played games and drank wine all night, it was perfect!
Day 3!
Sunday, our last day, we slept in. Stef's grandparents were very excited to meet us and show us their home! They were so excited to show us their home, because us Americans do not know what old homes look like. Well quite honestly, we do not know old homes like theirs. Their home is older than America. Hahah. It was the cutest, quaintest home.
Then we went back to Stef's house for Sunday Lunch. Again, it was delicious.
I really had the best time in London. And I cannot wait to visit again!
Final thought: I often wish that it was either summer here, or warmer. I feel as if I do not get to take as much in or appreciate as much because I'm constantly battling the cold. Oh oh, but since I will be here a month after Uni ends I will be going back to London to stay with Stef. It should be warmer then! Fingers crossed. ha.
xxx.
No comments:
Post a Comment