Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chunk of Change


Quite ironic actually, Passion Pits concert happened to be quite a chunk of change for me, but that's another story.

Passion Pit played at Manchester Academy on March 5. Being from the states, I felt rather lucky having the opportunity to see them play in Manchester. Having friends that have never even heard of Passion Pit (obviously not the cool ones..), it was quite a surprise that the nearly 2300 capacity venue was sold out. 

I left for the concert with my two friends, also Massachusetts-born boys, with the notion from them that the concert was going to be a let down. Of course, taking advantage of my gullibility, they were joking. 

Passion Pit had two opening acts, one of which is the famous Ellie Goulding. She is quite the celebrity in the UK. We contemplated throughout her set if she was actually singing... we weren't too convinced. I quite honestly at that point felt as if I was at the wrong concert. 

Finally however, my boys came out. And I cannot say that I was let down. I believe they had about 5 maybe 6 synths on stage accompanied by huge LED screens intensifying their performance. All this along with Passion Pit's high-pitched voice allowed the crowd to dance, sing, and push throughout the entire show.

So for the other story,... pushing, not that I've never been to a concert. But I guess I've never brought a clutch onto the dance floor. Maybe five minutes into their set, clutch... gone. Keys, money, U.S. I.D., university swipe card... gone. Interesting night to say the least, still keeping my fingers crossed the clutch is found. 

However, I did have an amazing time, and here are some photos as proof.
 



Like I said, Passion Pit concert=Dance. If a shaky video will make you sick, do not say that i did not warn you.. 
                              
I believe I say, "love you kells, thinkin of you.. " Hah, kind of hard to hear, but true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List