Awful photo. However, that is Erica and I before the concert.
Imogen Heap played in Manchester last night, 7th of February and she was absolutely amazing. It was pretty cool because Imogen is actually from the UK.
She had two openers, I man from New York, Back Ted N-Ted, he was pretty good. Used his computer for mixes, played his guitar and sang. Interesting stuff. Not my personal favorite.
Then, there was a man from Germany, Tim Exile, who was quite odd really. It was I guess you could say electronica music. I mean really he is pretty talented with technology. He made his own machine to record and make music. So it was definitely interesting, just not my cup of tea.
Anywayy, for the main act, Imogen was amazing. She came out holding a wine glass,.. drunk? I think not, she used her fingers to run around the rim to play music. Wonderful start, however, then her piano, and other instruments were not working! So she carried on talking to the crowd, answering questions, while restarting her computer. Ha. She actually talked about her win at the grammy. Apparently she got there late because she was trying to get her twitterfeed to work. Hah. Once she got there, she was on the red carpet when they announced she had won the grammy. She had to run the red carpet to receive her award. Funniest part about it all, after she accepted her award, she went off the stage the wrong way, ran into someone, and got her grammy taken away. But literally, she did, apparently they send it to you in the mail? Hah.
She was wonderful. Very funny, wonderfully nice, and a beautiful, perfect singer. Really, at one point I looked over to Erica, and said "I almost forgot that she is actually singing." Here is a video Erica took of her playing Headlock. Brilliant! (So mad, don't even want to mention it, but I forgot my camera. The one I specifically bought for nights like these. UGH!)
(Missing a bit of the beginning and ending due to limited space.)
Wonderful night, probably one of my favorite yet.
Afterward, we wanted to go watch the Super Bowl! A couple of places apparently were playing it (Since it started at midnight here). However, I think I am coming down with something so I picked sleep over football, Sorry!
Anyway, it is a dreary Monday here in Manchester. Was just sprinkling a bit. But I guess I can't complain we don't have a yardstick of snow like the Washington area! Yuck. I think everyone is ready for spring.. I know I am.
Hugs and Kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment