Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthdays, Beer, and Family

This past Monday was my friend Sam's Birthday. We went to a club called pout... Me and Erica really like this place...
Haha, Cracks me up.
The night was very fun. Here are a couple of pictures to recap the night:
Sam enjoying, or should i say struggling with, his birthday present. A beer bong.. not like the ones I've seen in America. Odd.  
  The girls.
The big group :)
We had a good night.


While shopping the other day, something Erica and I have become quite fond of since we've been here, we saw this amazing artist painting this huge mural in the street. I wish I had received his name, I would love to look him up, however, I do believe he is just a student. He was very amazing. Here are some photos of that:
  
The man working.
   
A close up of the football (soccer) player.. wish I knew who :/ oops.
A couple more close ups. It is hard to see how detailed it is. But it really is quite amazing.


Loads of pictures I apologize, but more to come!..
Yesterday, Erica and I went out for a snack at the place called KroBar. I got hummus and Erica got chips (fries) and cheese.. of course. Hah. Anyway, this particular restaurant I thought was known for its Danish beer (it has an entire booklet of them), however, they did not have ANY. I was so upset. So I tried something I do not even know what it was called to be completely honest. The bartender just recommended it, it wasn't too bad though, nothing too too exciting, however, no bud light either. Ha.
Just kidding... it's obviously a Grolsch beer. Duh. 
   
Something else I find absolutely hilarious. How many condiments do you need!?

Then later last night, my Aunt/Cousin? (My uncle's sister-in-law) was in town. She is a flight attendant and was sweet enough to switch flights with someone from Paris to Manchester (She's not too crazy about Manchester :/ ha.) Well I met up with her to go out with her and some other flight attendants. It was quite a fun/interesting night. We went to Canal Street, which is known as the gay/lesbian village. It was definitely a good night. Hopefully I will be able to visit her in a new location! 

Jan and I sipping on my first Guinness beer!


****** Important Note: I promise not all I do is go out with friends, and drink. I do go to classes, however, how exciting is pictures of my lecture halls? I mean if you would like photos, please let me know and I will supply.*******
Just to emphasize my point, I will inform you on my exciting lectures thus far.
I am in a Art history class called Cities. It is definitely an interesting class and I am very interested in its content, however, thus far the lecturers have been quite un-exciting. We are learning about ancient athens and how their city is set up. It will definitely benefit me when I go visit athens, so that is an advantage to the course! 
Secondly, I am in a Sociology class, Media, Culture, and Society. Which again is something I find very interesting. Which, I also think will benefit me a lot in Journalism. So far, I have only had one lecture and a tutorial class. The lecture was quite boring. The professor made me laugh though. I believe he is a very cool guy. But what made me laugh, was he kept emphasizing how he did not like talking for a straight hour, believed it was "bad for the soul." However, he would not stop talking! Hah. It made me laugh. The tutorial was a bit better, the tutor is also from America so that is pretty cool. We talked in the tutorial about how print changed society, what culture is, and other interesting topics. I think I will enjoy that class a lot.
Third, I am a guinea pig for an online class called Becoming Global. Again, I think this class will benefit me a lot in Journalism. At least I hope so. Thus far, we really haven't done anything. It's odd, students don't really know how to use blackboard and its discussion feature. I think the professors like that I understand it. 
Well now that I've bored you, I've proven my point.

I'm exhausted though. I believe I am coming down with a cold. So off to bed it is for me. Night, love and miss everyone <3

3 comments:

  1. love this post! That beer bong looks quite interesting! Glad to hear about your classes. After all you are "studying" abroad. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that painting by the artist of no name is really cool!
    and sounds like your having fun :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you're picking up a bit of their commonly used words ....quite. haha, anywway, surely michael is unbelievably jealous of all those beers. love you and keep having fun! when you go to italy, whenever that is - take a million photos for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List