A couple posts ago, I posted art I really love.
My aunt also seemed to like it and asked where she could get a copy. I honestly had not done much research on the art, and therefore, didn't know much about it. So, when my aunt asked about it, I had no idea what to tell her. I knew I had to know more, time to research! It was pretty simple to figure it out.... the bottom right obviously states that this is "The Holstee Manifesto." So like all other things, I googled it, which led me to the 'about' page of the website.I learned that what I called art, is really a manifesto for a sustainable design project. The website states their 'mantra': "Kickass Products, sustainably made, with a social impact." The company is comprised of designers and curators creating products with innovative, sustainable
material. For example, they have a wallet on the website made entirely of recycled plastic bags and newspapers.However, their vision doesn't stop with just their products, they also try to package and ship sustainably.
Lastly, they hope to impact the local community and economy, therefore, 10 percent of their sales go to micro-lending.
Pretty amazing business idea.
There are a lot more cool designs and interesting information about the business on their website. Check it out!!
Oh I love that! Thanks for researching that for me!!
ReplyDelete