Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baking With Love.

A bit late, however, a bit out of intention.

Valentines Day was a couple days ago. And honestly, it is a holiday I for the most part really like. The one negative I have to say about it, is people's constant negativity towards it.

Ever since my senior year in high school I have always liked the holiday. Prior to that, I was like many of the people I get so frustrated with. It is a dumb holiday for couples and if you aren't in a relationship it sucks. However, no, it is a holiday for anyone and everyone. As long as you aren't a heartless person who hates the world, then there is one person out there that you can call and tell them you love them. Yes, you should do this everyday. However, having a particular day to do it even more or act as a reminder, never hurt.

Anyway, that is my take on Valentine's Day.

To anyone I did not call (which was practically everyone), Happy Valentines Day, I love you, I am thankful for you being part of my life.

My wonderful sister, knowing how much I love baking, sent me some heart shaped cookie cutters. Therefore, I HAD to make cookies. I thought she would've been here yesterday to have some, however that did not work out. But they were intended for her, as well as my wonderful roommates. I also had to make a cake.

My Mom's Amazing Texas Sheet Cake recipe, however... you can find it literally anywhere on the internet.. I guess it wasn't really hers.
Found the recipe for these cookies at Chicagoist. Really just googled it, however, the Chicagoist is a pretty cool blog about what is going on in the Chicago area & giving cool recipes apparently!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List