This past weekend I went to the Tower Grove Farmers Market with my dad, brother, Henry and Cosmo. I love this farmers market for its wonderful delicious food, awesome people, live music and more.
In the past, I have always gone by myself. So this time it was even more enjoyable to be able to go with family. & it was awesome to bring Cosmo. He loved seeing other dogs and people. & was passed out the rest of the day... that's what I call perfection.
One of the items I bought at the farmers market was peaches. The felt perfect! Not too hard, not too soft. I was very excited. So last night, Steve and I really wanted some dessert.. & of course my first thought was a peach cobbler! I got the recipe from my all time fav. Brown Eyed Baker. I use her recipes for just about everything.
I only had three peaches, therefore, I wanted to use a smaller pan and halve her recipe. However I had already used that pan to make my dad a father's day gooey butter cake. So as usual I had to be resourceful and decided to use a skillet.
I halved the recipe, put it in the skillet and then popped it into the oven... Turned out pretty delicious!
Her recipe modified for my needs:
Peach Filling:
3 peaches
1/2 cup of sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Cobbler Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold & cut into small pieces
1/2 cup buttermilk
Bake Temp: 350 degrees F
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment