Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Say Hello to Cosmo



If you thought the big news was over... think again! Steve and I have added another member to the fam! This is Cosmo, as in Cosmo Kramer. He's a yellow lab born on April 23, 2012 (a month after Mom's birthday... I mean not crazy, but I thought that was pretty neat). Cosmo is my first male dog. I am very interested to see if I notice many differences.



So how did we come across Cosmo? I guess we owe all the thanks to my dad. Cosmo was posted on the Enterprise website. We figured the dog (a purebred lab) was going to be a bit too expensive for us, so we didn't try too hard to get him. However, my dad called after the dogs were posted for a second time & they weren't too expensive! So I called Steve yesterday and told him we were going to go get a dog when he got home... & that we did (he wanted to as well, I did not make him!).

& let me tell you yesterday and last night were quite an experience...

First, bringing Cosmo home was so sad! He was probably part of a ten dog litter... so we pretty much took him away from his mom and nine brothers and sisters. It was awful. Then, we had to give him a bath. & I mean HAD to, he smelled and had dirt all over... & he did not like that. Again, soooo sad. He was shaking and crying (but he smells & looks better...) Other than that, we had a wonderful night - played a bit and slept a lot. It was good.

Then....it was time for bed. Remember how I told you he was born 4.23?... Well when it comes to sleeping, that translates to he has to pee about every hour. Which translates to...I AM SO TIRED.

Today, I plan to take him to the park, take him to the pet store & get tons of energy out. He'll still have to pee throughout the night, but hopefully Cosmo will sleep good! (... & me too)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List