I'm so excited.
As I said a couple posts back, Columbia is pretty boring during the summer, especially since all my friends left for more exciting places (Wisconsin, Chicago, New York, Belgium!) & as most people know, I like to keep myself busy. Therefore, I thought... Volunteering!

Right next to Kaldi's Coffee is a local non-profit organization, Mustard Seed Fair Trade. I have alwayss loved to buy Christmas, birthday, you name it presents there. Of course, I thought this would be the perfect place to volunteer. & that I did.
After volunteering a couple of times, me and the executive director got to talking. I found out there were some open summer internships! This is exactly what I had been looking for all spring and summer, however never found anything... So now, my job is to help educate the community and the
volunteers about the products, where the come from, and the impact they make, essentially the story behind the product.
I'm really excited to get started on this internship. I will most likely post links to the Mustard Seed Fair Trade Blog and tell stories about what I have learned about fair trade, the store, the people, and myself.
so excited for you!! such a great opportunity, can't wait to see your work! Love you tons... and LOVE the blog design update :)
ReplyDelete