Monday, August 30, 2010

Ireland, WHAT!?

What is a long, beautiful, traveling day without a traditional Irish breakfast?
(Insanity)... And we are no insane family.
Eggs and Bacon
Oatmeal (mine of course, don't know how traditional either, ha)
Coffee and Tea

Then we took off for our wonderful adventure. Probably if not my favorite day, top three. The air was amazing. Easy to breath, cool and fresh. The scenery.. breath-taking. This is the first stop we took overlooking Dublin... can hardly see that far. One thing I discovered this trip, is no matter how good your equipment is, no matter how good of a photographer you are, I truly do not know if it possible to capture how beautiful a scene is without actually being there and seeing it with your eyes. No picture I took of the most beautiful or overwhelming places could be captured through a lens.. I was always disappointed. And maybe that is because I am not the greatest photographer.. but I'm just gonna take a stab at it, and say that's not it.
These photos are from our Over the Top Wicklow Mountain Tours. We took a bus with about 14 other people and drove into the mountains, valleys, lakes, and waterfalls of the Wicklow/Glendalough area. It was truly amazing. For the movie people, Braveheart and P.S. I Love You were filmed in this area, pretty neat.
There is obviously way more fun Dublin/Irish countryside stories from our trip, however, with busy school starting, I knew I would not get around to telling everything, hopefully these few photos and thoughts will do.

2 comments:

  1. just put the photo of you and me as my background on my work computer. makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List