Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Playing it safe isn't really that safe. If you do that, you miss out on a lot of the great things life has to offer."



I love yahoo news. It always posts very random, interesting, and top news. This article caught my attention.

The article focuses on Virginia native, Matt Green. Green decided to abondoned a well-paid job as a civil engineer to instead, simply walk.

When I first saw this article, I thought to myself what cause is this guy trying to promote... obesity in America, Global warming, etc. None of the above. Green simply likes to walk.

I absolutely loved this article right away, because I can totally relate to Green. Me and my sister stalk the weather to make sure we can get our walk in after she gets off work. My entire family takes walks with eachother every weekend. My motive? A bit of exercise, but if it was simply exercise, I could run, go to the gym, etc. But I love the company of a family or friend. Being able to talk, vent, gossip, etc.

However, Green has taken walking to an entirely new level.. & I love it.

With his adventure, Green sees the opprotunity to meet new people, discover new things, and to be free.
I don't know if I could ever walk over 3,000 miles straight. But I will continue to take small walks that may add up to 3,000 miles? Either way I am inspired and amazed by Green's adventure.


(picture via: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4468239971_0336c73494.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List