The entire weekend was obviously fun of fun. We spend the entire weekend walking, eating, drinking, and most importantly enjoying eachothers company. Considering I had to leave for work in Columbia at 8 on Memorial Day. We celebrated on Sunday.
We began the day by supporting dad and and Julie in a 5k run. They participated in the first annual 5K Memorial Run to honor the Police Officers, Firefighters and Paramedics who gave their lives to the St. Louis community.
This is them taking off! (Is dad trying to tell me he's number one?)
Dad After the race.
Let's just say.. he did better than I would've..
Afterward Emily, Michael, Laura, Kevin, and I went on our own 5k.. walk. It was awesome. Afterward we went straight to the pool. We brought snacks, books, magazines, and most importantly Schlafly new Summer Lager in a CAN! (Thanks to the Madden's we have some nice beer koozies.)
Dad making his famous hot wings:
super spicy and super delicious (i'd know, right.. ha)
Laura's delicious cupcakes
The hard work was worth it! Pretty sure everyone wanted seconds..
Awesome photo of Julie and Pete!!! Happy Memorial Day!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of Julie and Pete!! and the one of Pete. I'm sorry I missed all the fun! I need try the new beer and bring some back here. And I love your dad's hot wings!! mmmm
ReplyDelete