Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Monster Cookies

Pumpkin Pecan Bars just didn't last long enough.. and not necessarily because they're delicious (I actually don't think Steve likes pumpkin at all). But more-so, because I forgot to refrigerate them... lesson learned. 

So today, I made one of my favorite cookies, Monster Cookies. I initially made these about two years ago. I believe I was being a crankster and possibly a 'monster' to steve, ha. So when I wanted to bake him some cookies and came across 'monster cookies,' I thought Perfect! It just so happens that they are also from my favorite baking blog, Brown Eyed Baker, and are simply delicious! Now, I'm not cranky today, but rather craving some delicious, non-classic chocolate chip cookies. 



Ingredients (in parenthesis= my altered recipe):

3 eggs (1.5 egg.. i know 1/2 an egg, what?! it's 1/2-ish)
1 cup granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
1 cup light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (1/2 tsp)
1 teaspoon corn syrup (omit)
2 teaspoons baking soda (1 tsp)
1 teaspoon salt (a pinch)
1 stick unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
1½ cups chunky peanut butter (a spoonfull.. who measures PB.. just seems messy)
4½ cups rolled oats (2 cups)
½ cup all-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
¾ cup chocolate chips* 
¾ cup Reese’s Pieces*
¾ cup M&M’*

*Whatever you have.. I used choco chips, pb M&M', & walnuts.. I also love to use pretzels.. I just eyeball this as well

Directions:
1. Make while listening to Ella Fitzgerald.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, both sugars, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. 
3.  Melt butter and peanut butter and then stir into mixture.
4. Stir in oats & flour
5. Finally add in the good stuff! (measuring cups purely for photo!)
6. Now the original recipe does not call for this, however, I then refrigerate the cookie dough. I find that adding the melted butter and PB to the dough makes it entirely too warm/soft. So I made myself some lunch and then 30 min. later started bakin!
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
8. I also felt the need to really work with the dough and make it into good, compact balls, if not, the cookies may fall apart do to all the yummy addings. Bake for about 15 minutes, until they're golden brown on top. Crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle.

In the end, yummy delicious monster cookies. I was thinking if you wanted to make them "monster" as in halloween, you could use halloween M&M's :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List