Saturday.
Saturday began like all other days-- wakin' up for the early shift at Kaldi's. However, again, busy, crazy busy, but also crazy staffed. So fun!
It was my goal to see a film everyday, therefore, I was determined to see a film after I got off work. Steve and I got food, then he dropped me off at Jesse Auditorium, which is a venue on Mizzou's campus. The auditorium seats 1,700 people. The way True False works is people can buy passes, which depending on which pass they get, they can choose a certain number of films they are guaranteed to get into. These passes nearly always sell out. However, the film showings are never "sold out" because they always save about 10 percent of the seats for the general public. In order to get a ticket, people need to come to the show an hour early to get a "Q number." However, people will often come 2 hours early to wait... which I'm guessing is what the did for the film at Jesse Hall. The film was at 4, so they were handing out Q's at 3. I got there at 3:10 and received Q 297... I wasn't getting in... I had hope though, so I stuck around, bought some merchandise and waited. Luckily, I ran into a friend who was volunteering. As we were talking, a man came up and said "I have a really good Q, but I just got a ticket, what should I do?" Sitting there, I butt in... "Well, if you want, you could give the Q to me." And that's how I went from Q 297 to 17. I GOT IN! & this film was my favorite.
BULLY.

This film was literally unreal. I recommend, no I believe everyone NEEDS to see this film. It is what it says it is-- a film about bullying. It was amazing - and devastating- to see it in the eyes of a bullied kid. Bullying is something these kids battle on a daily basis. So hard for some, that they take their own lives. It was literally one of the saddest films I've seen in a while. Cried nearly 5 times... I really think it is a film that everyone should see, whether they are a kid, parent, or just someone like me, a twenty something year old. As my roommate and I discussed yesterday, Bullies exist at all stages of life.
The kids from the film came to Columbia for the showings. It was really weird to see them-- made it more real and upsetting.

After the film, I was honestly just really upset and drained from the last couple of days. I needed to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment