
Again, I woke up at 5:00 AM to work the morning shift at Kaldi's. It was a good day, well staffed, busy. Can't complain. Free Shakes pizza at Kaldi's. After work, Steve and I relaxed for a bit. Then Steve had to set up & work an event at the Missouri Theatre- Reality Bites. Which is a pretty awesome event. Local restaurants make appetizers and drinks for fest-goers. Kaldi's made coffee drinks, including a cocktail and Coffee Stout (Schlafly was there... can't complain, free beer!). While Steve was setting up for the event, I went with Kelly and a friend to Shakespeare's for their amazing happy hour- $2 on tap beers (Schlafly was even amazed at the prices). Then, I went to hang out with Steve and other Kaldi's employees at Reality Bites. It's always amazing to see the wide variety of people at the festival, literally people from all over the world. And the best part is, they are always happy. People always have a smile on their face. It's such as awesome environment to be a part of.

After Reality Bites, Steve and I rushed to see a film, The Island President. And we literally JUST made it in, we got the last two seats (not even by one another) and sat down just as the film began. That's what I call lucky. The Island President was on of my favorites films of the weekend too. To the left, is the Island President. He is the president of the tropical paradise islands, the Maldives. As a country of islands, The Maldives faces a huge problem as global warming leads to rising ocean levels. The film tells the story of President Mohamed Nasheed's mission to stop his country from disappearing. As I said, I really enjoyed this film and I would recommend anyone to watch it.
After the film. Steve and I went home, ate dinner, watched Breaking Bad and passed out.
No comments:
Post a Comment