For example, this past weekend was amazing. I visited my sister in Springfield. The highlight to pretty much every day was my family, especially Lily...
This is probably my favorite photo of the weekend:

Lily & Kevin at Big Momma's in Springfield. Lily's first time... needed to be documented. It was really delicious, I got soup, which I'm obsessed with lately. Then Emily, Lily and I went shopping for the day... which means we went to Target & the grocery store. Perfection.
On Saturday, my dad came to town. Together, me, him and Emily raked her yard... prettty exciting. But actually, I've weirdly always liked raking. Plus, it definitely felt like a work out.. My legs & butt were actually a bit sore the next day.
After raking, we needed snacks. We made my mom's famous chex mix, which I don't know about Emily.. but I personally feel like it's never quite as good as my mom's. I also tried to make this new brownie recipe... Beer Nut Brownies... Whatt! How could this not be good. Well, I actually thought it was a bit too stouty. I guess I prefer my dessert and beer separate...
great photo and post! Do you have the recipe for your moms chex mix?
ReplyDeleteLove this post too! Of course all the ones that include photos of Lily :) I think the chex mix needed more hot sauce. I don't think its possible to add too much! glad you're blogging again, I am going to try to as well.
ReplyDelete