Saturday, October 16, 2010

DIY: Redesigning Old Table

A couple weekends ago my dad went to Kansas City to visit my grandpa and came back with more junk (Since we don't already have enough at our house). My dad offered to give me a patio table. I shrugged it off saying, "what would I need that for." Of course, a week later, Dad receives a call from me, "Hey Dad, want to send me a photo of that table." He did, and I wanted it. Ha.
Original table:
So Dad brought me the table and I decided to devote part of my friday to upgrading it for my patio. I got the idea from one of my favorite Design blogs: Design Sponge. Their project was to take an outdated TV table and make it into something beautiful. Their result was this:
Now, I never feel as if I can execute things as well as all these artists do online, however, it's good enough for me :)
After class friday I went to Michaels and got supplies: paint, paintbrushes, and fun scrapbooking paper.
My supplies:
I spray painted the entire table a brown and then painted on the flowers. I like the way it turned out, however, it was not how I primarily envisioned executing it... is it ever though?
The final result:

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List