Well for the majority of college kids, yes. For me, not quite.
Weekends are for family.
Hell, who am I kidding though, my family is pretty good at partyin. Hah, I guess what I mean is it's not your regular early twenties, kegger, jungle juice college partyin. But in the past couple of weeks, I have been going home to spend the weekends with my family, and I swear they have been some of the most enjoyable, relaxing, productive weekends ever. I like how none of those descriptive words really go together.. enjoyable, yet productive? relaxing, yet productive? But, yes, totally.
This past weekend was the perfect example, which surprisingly enough caused me to miss a college party. When I got home Friday night my dad and I went on a walk around the neighbourhood. Then, my brother and Laura joined us for Whole Foods to get some pizzas and specialty beer. Yum, my favorite combo. We had a fun night just hanging out.
Then on Saturday is when the craziness happened. We woke up pretty early to do my mom and dad's regular Saturday morning of coffee and sitting by the ocean, okay fine we live in Missouri, the river. It was a beautiful day, so it was incredible.
Afterward, again, My brother, Laura, Dad, and I went to Lowes to get some herbs and a fence. We are starting our own herb and vegetable garden!! (If anyone has ANYYY advice, please let us know! Were newbies, especially without mom's help.) Anyway, it took us over an hour to finally decide which fence to buy.... we bought both. Ha. Then, we rushed home to begin the planting and digging!
Our herb Garden:
The fun and productivity never ends. Next we went furniture shopping, or should I say a shopping spree. We bought lots. Enough that we even needed to rent a U-Haul, well and we wanted the new furniture ASAP.
Sitting in the U-Haul waiting for our furniture.
We finally got the furniture home and spent only two hours re-arranging our ENTIRE house. It was amazing. Our house looks beautiful. And by the time we were done, we were ready for a delicious dinner of steak, salmon, salad, and bread.
We finished the night playing games, drinking beer, enjoying our new furniture and eachother's company.
Awesome! Miss you guys! Great photos!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Love family stuff!
ReplyDelete