Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Years Resolution to take more photographs, learn better photography, how to use my camera, etc... so that probably means a lot more photos of Cosmo.

Also, document, write down, etc. the recipes that Steve and I enjoy. This is important because when I go back to make the recipe a few weeks later, I can never seem to find the right one and then I bake something not as good as the first time.

This weekend I made cinnamon rolls. Still feel like I need to perfect these. We do not like overly sweet food, however, I still do not think I am quite there on the perfect sweetness. Usually I make the cinnamon rolls to small, this time their too LARGE. See this one's trying to climb out. Lastly, I never put enough berries in and I forget to add nuts! :(

This recipe came from MBAKES, her photos are obviously better than mine... But, she also has marble countertops and I have old, awful fake wood looking countertops.. so, there!

Recipe was edited as follows:
The dough
3/4 cup (150g) warm water
2 1/4 tsp (8g) active dry yeast
1/2 cup (90g + 1tbsp) white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup (60g) buttermilk
1 egg
1/3 cup (65g) oil
4 cups plain flour
The filling
1/4 cup (50g) dark brown sugar
1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup of mixed berries (I used blackberry, blueberry and raspberry)
40g unsalted butter melted
The frosting
1 cup (150g) cream cheese
1/4 cups (350g) icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
a splash of milk

 7:00pm
1. Mix water, yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar in a freestanding mixer - let stand for 10 minutes
2. Whisk together buttermilk, egg and oil - add this to the yeast along with the rest of the sugar
3. Pour in 2 1/2 cups of the flour plus salt, then slowly add the rest of the flour - knead for 5 minutes until dough comes away from the bowl and does not stick to fingers
4. Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let proof for 2 hours.

9:30pm
1. Roll dough out approx 30cm x 40cm - brush with butter
2. Sprinkle the filling mixture over the butter (all dry ingredients + nuts) Then spread the berries over the dough
3. Tightly roll the dough from the longer side - I cut 9 rolls, however, in the future, I would cut more like 12 and place in a round pie dish rather than the 8 x 8 dish show in photos
4. Wrap the pan and refrigerate overnight.

7:00am
1. Boil water
2. Place boiling water and buns in over for 30minutes
3. Take the water and buns out of over - preheat to 350 F
4. Bake buns for approx. 45 minutes or until golden brown
5. Whisk all of the frosting ingredients together until smooth and runny -- I used more milk than you'd think of a "splash"
 Enjoy! MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List