This last time I walked into the grocery store, the first thing this smell made me think of was my mother. This memory came at such an interesting time. I thought back to one of my mother's first jobs after being a real estate agent. I cannot even remember the area, the name or anything to define this flower shop. But my memories of it are the type that you're not sure if you dreamt it or if it was reality.
Well, I know it was real. But I loved that job more than anything. A couple of weekends, I believe it was on Sundays... my mother would take me with her. It was such a treat! We would stop at Burger King, for some reason I think we liked the breakfast there the best. We would get an egg muffin. Oh! Or my mother's favorite hashbrowns! & then I would spend the rest of the day captivated by the wonderful smell of flowers. It was heaven.
I say this comes at an interesting time, because I do not know much about my mom's employment situation. I know she hated the real estate business, at least I think... But when she left, did she have trouble finding a job? What led her to work at a flower shop? How much did she make? If you read my sister's blog. I think we both have a lot of questions for our mother. But anyway, my mom's job at this small and odd, yet amazing flower shop gives me hope. I know I am not in the best place right now, but I know I'll get there. I also know that I am super lucky to have such an amazing fiance, family and soon to be in-laws. I am surrounded by wonderful people and that's all that really matter's in life, right?

Aw your making me cry. Love this. I never realized you went with mom. I think it was maybe Walter knoll in st Charles. I think that was her first job in floral industry.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Also mom had a funny obsession with bk breakfast. I would always go with her after my orthodontist appointments. Gah miss her.