Banana Bread.
It's the best! I'd have to say its in my top 3 best smells ever. I will never forget coming home from school or waking up to my mom baking banana bread. It always got me very excited & hungry!
Today, the smell of banana bread always brings me back to those days. Therefore, I always look forward to when bananas go brown so I can make banana bread. However, that rarely ever seems to happen! Finally, it did! &perfect timing as well because I recently had the BEST banana cake leftover from a customer at work. It was delicious and ever since then, I have been craving banana bread.
Since it's such a nostalgic treat to me, I decided to use one of the recipes from my mom's cookbook. I used this recipe almost exactly...



I was a bit worried after I added to flour to the butter/egg mixture... it was super thick as you can see! & as it sat, it just seemed to get thicker. Not sure if this will benefit or hurt it's thickness... but I did not have any sour cream... and as its a snowy Spring day, I was not ready to run out. So instead, I used milk. The only other change I made was smashing most the bananas and only slicing a bit.
Hopefully it turns out just as moist and flavorful as my mom says! (& hopefully it makes the apartment smell as good as I remember...)

No comments:
Post a Comment