Monday, September 27, 2010

Perfect, Relaxing Autumn Day

Sunday morning was how a Sunday morning really should be..

I woke up (after sleeping in... quite the rarity for me) and had family breakfast with the roommates. Kelly made me an awesome omelet. Yum yum, I could do that every day.

Then, I went to Emily's to take advantage of her washer/dryer and kitchen. Too bad she was in St. Louis having a traditional breakfast with the fam :(

Well, I got to her apartment, started my laundry, lit the amazingggg candle Amy gave us (I'm thinking of send you some $$ or a gift to get another one of those, I LOVE it), opened up the sliding porch door (In which I could then here the highschool soccer game, nostalgia.. ugh, so jealous) , put some music on, baked, and read.

that is what I call PERFECTION.

Baking is one of my all time favorite things to do, however, I am so busy I rarely have time. But this morning I did! So I asked my roommates what kind of cookies are their favorites, they said, peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip! So I did some researching.

I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies on Cookies-in-motion.com I thought these looked delicious and sounded pretty perfect.

Of course, like always I did not entirely follow the recipe.

My recipe goes as follows:
Ingredients:
All purpose flour: 1 1/2 cups
Quick Oats: 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder: 1/2 cup
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Unsalted Butter, softened: 1/2 cup (1 stick)
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup
Peanut Butter: 1/4 cup
Egg: 1 large
Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp

Filling:
Peanut Butter: 1/2 cup
Flour: 1/4 cup
Honey: 1 tbsp

Now, to be entirely honest, I know everyone says with baking YOU MUST follow the recipe exactly, however, I have never been good at that. I believe that's why sometimes my baked goods are awesome, sometimes they suck, and thats definitely why I can never make the same thing twice. With that said, I want to warn you that the quick oats and ingredients for the filling are all estimates.

Now lets get started baking! Set oven to 350.

First mix all the dry ingredients, set aside.
Next, you want to use an electric mixer to cream the butter. Then gradually add in the two sugars, then the egg and vanilla.

Next, stir in the dry ingredients with a spoon. Now set this aside.
Now you are ready to make the filling. Mix together the three ingredients with the electric mixer. After doing so, you are reading to make your cookies. First make the chocolate mixture into balls and then flatten them. Roll the peanut butter filling in to balls, stick in the middle, pull up the edges of the chocolate... you'll figure it out. Here's a photo to demonstrate:
And your end result: deliciousness:


My lovely friend Jordan just started her own blog, freakin' vegan, as you can guess it is a blog about vegan cooking. I thought she would like to know that I actually think I found this recipe more often as vegan than not. Here is one link: Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List