A weekend occurs.. and then I get a blog.
I need to work on this...
Well like always, wonderful weekend, surrounded by wonderful people.
Lucky enough, Dad was able to drive to Columbia early Friday afternoon! I of course presented him with the most fun things to fill his day off. We got a new mattress from a friend. Which is now located in my bedroom for the next month... lucky me!
Then we went to retrieve my bike from "The Palace," the house of my amazing guy friends.
Well considering I went abroad last semester, my bike has been sitting attached to their fence
for over 6 months now... through rain, snow, hail, and wild animals...obviously we had some fixing up to do.
So of course, Mr. Fix it did! We got a new bike seat, filled up my tires (luckily we did not have to buy new ones!) and oiled it up a bit. I am sooo excited to ride my new pretty bike!
Then, Dad, Emily, Kevin, and I went to a new local brewery, Broadway Brewery. Seriously, so happy I finally made it to this place! It's been on my list of places to eat/drink at. And it is definitely well worth it. I'm thinking it's going to be one of my new favorites. The best thing about this place is they try to get all of their ingredients from local farms. You should read their menu for more information, so awesome! Anyway, we shared some wonderful appetizers. Then, we ordered a delicious pizza. And just to further their wonderfulness... the pizza stuck to the pan, oven.. not sure. However, literally the smallest little slice was missing.. never would have even seen it unless our waitress would have pointed it out. However, they made us an additional small pizza for their "mess up." So unnecessary, but what an awesome business! Also, you can't forget they're a brewery.. and, of course, their beer is amazing.
Yum yum: See dat APA, dat be my favv.
The best roomies:
AHH, and who could forget! The hugest, delicious cake! (It'll never as good as mom's carrot cake though.. so kind of hard to win that war... sorry Broadway Brewery)
After all the good food and beer, we we're tired... So we made it an early night, for an early awesome Saturday. We woke up early, packed the car, got our much needed Kaldi's coffee and baked goodies, then hit the road for KC!
It was quite the hard situation... We bought tickets for the Cardinals Royals game, awesome right!? Well usually, yes. However, 1:10: game begins. 1:00 world cup USA game begins! Ahh, see the dilemma. Not so great. However, we stayed loyal to the cards (and found the stadium televisions) and went to the game!
you'd have no idea if you were in St. Louis or Kansas City. Haha I swear the fans were half royals, half cardinals.
Pretty insane, but enjoyable.
and our diverse group:
Me and the cute cous (not so cute with that royals crap on though...kidding!)



Kevin and Emily:
The sis and I :)
And some badass family vacationing it-style Royal fans...
Bike looks great! Looks like you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am the same way about Monday blogs... helps cure the Monday blues :) haha
ReplyDeletep.s. my hair looked terrible at game. need to do something about it ASAP!